It's the 23rd of December so it's time for The Chronicles' Airing of Grievances.
This year's list:
- William Thomas Craig, Esq.
- The total lack of action with anything pertaining to last year's $300,000 forensic audit performed by Frazier & Deeter.
- The traffic light at Elm & Floyd.
- This entire [expletive deleted]-show related to the Rec Commission situation. If the termination process was indeed possibly mishandled, then that is unfortunate; however, the mickey mouse show/planned attack that was put on at the city of Covington's last council meeting was beyond the pale. A total joke. Absolute clown shoes...
- And didn't one of those self-righteous, indignant council members vote to terminate the Main Street director last year without consulting the rest of the council?
- It's just unfortunate that everything has to be about race. It's 2017 - racism should have no place in our society. And these recent antics benefit no one.
- J. Pye's propensity for arrogance and occasional tendencies to get annoyed + D.C. = Trouble?
- The rising legal fees of the Newton Co. Sheriff. Constitutional officer or not, there's needs to be an explanation for a tenfold increase in payments to Attorney Craig over the last two years.
- That Covington/Newton Co. still doesn't have a Krispy Kreme, Steak & Shake, or a Cracker Barrel (thanks Randy Vinson).
- The fact that we basically have 27 McDonald's & a hundred dollar stores. And we just need a few more pawn shops.
- The landfill situation.
- The fact that there are still people pushing for Bear Creek.
- Georgia Tech, Florida, Tennessee & Auburn (but hey, at least we beat all of them this year. GO DAWGS!)
- Democrats (most of them).
- Republicans (most of them).
- Those that would take advantage of their power, position or influence for personal gain.
- The fact that medicinal marijuana and CBD oil are not fully legal in our great state, and the lack of in-state growing. And the fact that saving lives & easing people's suffering has to take a back seat to profits and/or the irrational fear of ignorant people.
- Bloated budgets at all levels of government.
- Several other traffic lights in and around the home city & county. And many traffic laws.
- The old model/revenue-based system of government.
- The ju$tice system.
- The "war on drugs" (see previous two bullet points).
- Those in our society who do not appreciate Freedom. Liberty, Justice, Equity & Wisdom.
- Loud cars, trucks & motorcycles.
- The "there ought to be a law" crowd.
- The "they" in "that's what they say."
- The NIMBY (not in my backyard) crowd.
- A.B. (see the previous bullet point in re Pye. At least he's not spending too much time in DC....yet?)
There's probably a few dozen more, but that'll do for now.
Happy Festivus, everyone!
Happy Festivus, everyone!